- calibre: http://calibre-ebook.com/
Our recommended all-purpose e-book reader, manager and conversion tool, calibre, is a free and open source e-book reader, library management and format conversion application developed by users of e-books for users of e-books.
Windows, MAC and Linux versions available.
- Creative Commons: http://creativecommons.org/
More than copyright. A sane approach to intellectual property rights management.
- PayPal: https://www.paypal.com/
Our preferred method for sending and receiving contributions. As an author or reader, if you don't already have an account, we encourage you to create one.
- LibreOffice: http://www.documentfoundation.org
(Formerly OpenOffice.org) High quality FREE open source office suite with built in PDF export capabilities. MS-Office compatible with versions for Windows, MAC and Linux.
- Mobipocket: http://www.mobipocket.com/en/DownloadSoft/
Free eBook Reader and eBook Creator software to read or create eBooks on/for a variety of formats, devices and platforms.
Creator: Windows only. Reader: Windows and various smartphones and handheld devices.
- doPDF: http://www.dopdf.com/
doPDF is a free PDF converter for both personal and commercial use. Using doPDF you can create PDF files by selecting the "Print" command from virtually any application.
Windows only (but you don't really need it on Linux or MAC systems which have PDF print capabilities built in).
- Comparison of e-book formats: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_e-book_formats
Wikipedia comparison of e-book formats.
Please use our contact form if you would like to recommend a (non-comercial) link to be included in the list above.